The Character Tree Terms of Service
Welcome to Apperson, Inc. and The Character Tree! These Terms of Service (these “Terms”) govern your access to and use of the Character Tree website and services, including (1) any information and content made available via the Character Tree website and services, and (2) any browser extensions, mobile applications and other downloadable apps we provide (collectively, the “Services”), so please read them carefully before using the Services.
Changes to the Terms
We may revise and update these Terms from time to time in our sole discretion. If we make material changes to these Terms, we will post a notification on the Character Tree website and we will attempt to notify you by email. All changes are effective immediately when we post them, and apply to all access to and use of the Services thereafter. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of revised Terms means that you accept and agree to the changes. As we will be continually refining the Services and adding more features, you are expected to check this page each time you access the Services so you are aware of any changes, as they are binding on you.
Accessing the Services
Except in the case of paid Services, we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Services in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason the Services are unavailable at any time or for any period. You are responsible for (1) making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Services and (2) ensuring that all persons who access the Services through your account with Apperson or your school’s or organization’s account with Apperson are aware of these Terms and comply with them.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Services or portions of it using your user name, password or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
We have the right to disable any user name, password or other identifier, whether chosen by you or provided by us, at any time if, in our opinion, you have or any Authorized User has violated any provision of these Terms.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Services and all textual, graphic and video content made available via the Services are owned by Apperson, Inc. and its licensors and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
These Terms permit you to use the Services for your personal, non-commercial use and the use of your students only. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit the Services except as follows:
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of Services materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- If we provide desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download copies to your computers or mobile devices solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
- If we provide social media features, you may take actions that are enabled by such features.
- Without limiting the foregoing, if we provide video content as part of the Services, such as webinars, you may only use such content for your internal purposes, and you may not permit access to or distribute such content to any third parties.
You must not permit any Authorized User to:
- Modify copies of any materials from the Services except for the creation, revision, deletion and sharing of records as permitted by the Services.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Services.
- Access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Services.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Services other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: email@example.com.
No right, title or interest in or to the Services or any content on the Services is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by Apperson. Any use of the Services not expressly permitted by these Terms is a breach of these Terms and may violate copyright, trademark and other laws.
The Character Tree name and certain related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of Apperson or its licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of Apperson. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Third Party Content
The Services may contain content and services developed by third parties and provided to us under license (“Third Party Content”). You (the “Customer,” for purposes of this section of these Terms) agree to Third Party Content license terms as follows:
- The Customer and each Authorized User’s rights to access and use the Third Party Content shall terminate upon the termination of these Terms. The Customer and each Authorized User acknowledges that use of the Third Party Content after termination of these Terms is strictly prohibited and would constitute infringement of the Third Party Content provider(s)’ proprietary rights.
- Pursuant to these Terms, the Customer and each Authorized User acknowledges and agrees that certain content may expire or otherwise terminate during the term of these Terms. Any rights in and to Third Party Content will at all times be limited and subject to the Third Party Content provider(s) rights in and to the respective Third Party Content. Throughout the term of these Terms, Apperson and the Third Party Content provider(s) will have the right, at its sole discretion, to modify the content, and to delete, and require the deletion by the Customer and each Authorized User, of specific Third Party Content.
- The Customer shall cause any proprietary notice that appears in the Third Party Content included in the Services to be displayed on any copies thereof as it appears in any of the Third Party Content.
You may use the Services only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms. You agree not to use the Services or allow any Authorized User to use the Services:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the U.S. or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them